Magma Howto?

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 21:34:26 UTC 2003

Hi!

I'd like to develop a small application with Magma and seaside (for more
information: http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/90 ). I'd like to
know if I got the following things right:

I have a class "DIADataHolder" (DDH). At the moment, it is the point
where I store various collections. Later, I plan to switch to Magma for
persistence.

Say, I have a collection, where I store articles. I have an lister class
how shows this collection to the user an gives him the possibility to
edit a particular article. Is it right to open a session, get the
collection, begin a transaction on opening of the editor and to commit
it on save? How do I disconnect a session when using seaside (where it
is not guaranteed that the user presses the 'quit' button)?

What, if two users could work on the same collections?

Is there a reason for MagmaCollection not having a "fullblown"
Collection interface (like "do:", "addAll:")?

Help or pointers to faq's appreciated (I've read "Getting Started with
Magma", "Magma programming guidlines" and "About Magma Collections".

Regards, Markus