[VM]New VMMaker package released on SM

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 2 01:47:13 UTC 2003

I just updated the SM registration for VMMaker to point to the newest
version. NO earthshattering changes in functionality, just a gathering
up of a lot of stuff to try to make it more tidy.

One change that might affect people (and that can be rolled back if it
really bothers anyone) is the change of 'TestInterpreterPlugin' to
'SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin' simply because the former seems really
stupidly out of date after several years.

Another change to watch out for is that this release DOES NOT include
the Balloon3D code; this has been separated out so that it can be
administered more easily by Andreas without us having to spend too much
time coordinating. Expect a load script to pull in all the bits some
time soon.

Finally, you do still need to load the DeclarativePools package until it
makes it into the update stream.

The older package is still available in case of problems.

Coming soon, I hope; integrate the FontPlugin, OSProcess etc into the vm
world.

tim
I must have slipped a disk; my pack hurts.