Squeak 3.6 distributions names (was Re: Should SUnit be part of Basic?)

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed Jul 2 13:37:03 UTC 2003

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:34:44PM +0200, nbo at ensm-douai.fr wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>This thread makes me remember a discussion I had with somebody about Squeak
>>distribution names. If I rember well, the plan is to have two distributions a
>>big one with all/most of packages/modules/projects and a small one.
>>

>Actually, three (eventually): Minimal, Basic, and Full.
>

>>That's fine for me. My point here is about naming. I think that the full image
>>should be the one to be downloaded by newbies or people that just want to
>>discover what is Squeak. This is why I think it should be named "default".
>>

>I actually like the other names better, as they are more descriptive than "default".

I agree that these names are descriptive. And we should keep them. But,
my suggestion is to tag the full distribution as default. This would
help people who are new to squeak to choose the distribution to start with.

Noury

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group
http://www.esug.org