Warning! DON'T UPDATE!!! (Re: [UPDATES] More KCP updates (and problems))

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 2 15:20:34 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 08:08 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:10 pm, Doug Way wrote:
> > These are the latest KCP changes.  I ran into a few problems, so
> > I left out two of the changesets for now.  (The other changesets
> > didn't appear to depend on these.)
>
> This totally breaks on loading. Please, people, DON'T LOAD THE
> UPDATES UNTIL WE FIX THEM!
>
> Symptoms:
>
> * about half of KCP-0085MoveToChangeSet.3.cs didn't get loaded at
> all.
>
> * Some of it shows up as if it was loaded into KCP-0084.
>
> * KCP-0087 and 0088 are showing up as blank.
>
> I *think* what happened here is this:
>
> KCP0085 redefines:
>
> ClassDescription>>compile: code notifying: requestor trailer: bytes
> 		ifFail: failBlock
> 		elseSetSelectorAndNode: selAndNodeBlock
>
> and nothing after that in that change set got loaded. That includes
> #classComment:stamp:, etc.
>
> Further research is needed.
>
> It's possible that (since we switch change sets in the update
> the other changes.
>
> I suspect we'll have to break up the change sets to load them from
> the update stream.

For some reason, the change set that got published was truncated.
Probably this is because of the changes to ChangeSet.
I'd suggest using a text editor to edit the preamble if necessary,
and replacing KCP0085 in the update stream, but I'm testing this right now.

I have to make my own update server to test it, though.

$ ls -l KCP-0085-MoveToChangeSet.3.cs updates/5303KCP85MoveToChangeSet.cs
-rw-rw-r--    1 ned      ned         59442 Jul  2 07:39 KCP-0085-MoveToChangeSet.3.cs
-rw-rw-r--    1 ned      ned         17938 Jul  1 22:52 updates/5303KCP85MoveToChangeSet.cs

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com