[FIX] better KCP0085 changesets (Re: Warning! DON'T UPDATE!!!)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 2 16:14:07 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 08:08 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:10 pm, Doug Way wrote:
> > These are the latest KCP changes.  I ran into a few problems, so
> > I left out two of the changesets for now.  (The other changesets
> > didn't appear to depend on these.)
>
> This totally breaks on loading. Please, people, DON'T LOAD THE
> UPDATES UNTIL WE FIX THEM!

OK, these two change sets should be used instead of updates
5304KCP85MoveToChangeSet and 5306KCP88FixChangeSet respectively.

If you're interested, here's my notes on what was happening:

That is, after I load the single file, I end up with:

ChangeSet current a ChangeSet named 5302KCP84ChangeSetCurrent
Smalltalk changes a ChangeSet named New Changes

So I manually did:

ChangeSet current: Smalltalk changes

Then:

File in KCP-0085-MoveToChangeSet.3.cs (the original, 59442 byte one)

Get a deprecated warning at the end of this load because the (old)

ChangeSorter class>>newChangesFromStream:named:
(which is still in context) calls Smalltalk newChanges:.

which is now deprecated.

BUT... this is really because the end didn't complete, since it hit a
Deprecated warning in the middle!

So I had to break up the change set into 2 pieces...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com