[KCP] Second Code Blurb for SystemChangeNotifications

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jul 2 20:07:25 UTC 2003

Hello,

The second code blurb for the system notifications can be found at
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/SystemChangeNotification.3.cs.zip . Note
that this is still for 3.5; I have not tried it for 3.6, and I do not
expect it to work there.

New in this blurb is that the support for certain class modifications
is hooked in the system (to be specific: addition, removal, superclass
change, category change, comment change, rename). There are unit tests
for this: see the class SystemChangeTest for examples.

Note also that I have renamed the 'higher-level' events to 'Secondary
events'. At the moment I put them a bit 'on hold'. I will continue
working on them later.

Next steps:
- add Reorganizing event, and hook it up.
- hook up the method changes in the system.
- implement the stuff for instance variables, class variables, pool
variables, protocols, categories, ...

PS: Contrary to normally I have not tested the code in a clean image to
make sure it loads ok... so I think and hope it is ok. Mail me if there
are problems (I have to run now, but will be back later).

--
Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group