[ENH] CommentNotePadThreading-nk ( [er] looks good, question/feedback )

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Wed Jul 2 20:38:59 UTC 2003

Thanks, Ned?  I'm planning to include this patch in the next BFAV
release.  I would like to make a small change, with potentially big
implications.  I'd like to check whether the parentMessage is nil,
before proceeding with setting the threading headers.

One potentially big implication is, at some point ArchivePost objects
may be decoupled from MailMessage objects.  Specifically, I'm thinking
about the pros and cons of migrating the back-end of the Bug Fixes
Archive from mail to RSS.

This is as good a time as any to ask the community about it.  If the
BFAV stays backward-compatible -- it will always be able to read the
existing bug "database", stored in the squeak-dev .mbox file -- does it
matter if going forward, bugs/fixes/enchancements are posted via XML-RPC
to the Bug Fixes Archive server and imported by the BFAV from the
archive's RSS feed?