Monticello and extra lines between platforms

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Wed Jul 2 21:58:57 UTC 2003

I've been working back and forth between my mac and my PC with Monticello and CVS.  I've noticed now that there are 5 blank lines between each line of my code.  This kind-of grew gradually.

I also sometimes notice in my CVS logs that all lines get thrown out and read back in (huge diffs) from time to time, possibly coinciding with changing platforms.

I wonder if there are different newLine characters at work here on the different platforms.  Either in the CVS encoding, or the Monticello encoding.  Has anyone encountered anything similar in their adventures?

Derek Brans
Nerd on a Wire
Web design that's anything but square
http://www.nerdonawire.com