lurking signals in EventSensor

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 01:59:25 UTC 2003

> Why, well I suspect, mostly because I've not found it yet, is that
> under the right sequence of events the mouse over logic is hunting
> for cursor movement via say cursorPoint which calls primMousePt
> which calls inputSemaphore signal, and stacks LOTS of excess signals
> on the Semaphore, at which point the io processor loop consumes them.
> The issue here is LOTS, that this is reflected in a glitchy pause as we
> grind though them.

Given that the io process runs at a higher priority than the polling process
(which is the case for all uses of Sensor I am aware of) this is impossible.
The signal will be served right away by releasing the io process (note that
since the polling process is running the io process _must_ be waiting on the
semaphore). So there's definitely no grinding through pending signals going
on here.

Cheers,
  - Andreas