lurking signals in EventSensor

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 03:03:12 UTC 2003

> > As you mention both processes do this together so nothing
> > really gets stacked up. However this is needless work...

PS. Of course it is entirely irrelevant whether a polling loop like
	[Sensor anyButtonPressed] whileFalse.
busy-loops within the io process or anywhere else. It's the nature of
polling loops to waste cycles so it really doesn't matter where you waste
them ;-) Note that by your rough estimate it would mean we can run approx.
10k io process loops per second (I would guess that the real number is even
dramatically higher) so even trying to be a _little_ less agressively
polling by just waiting a single millisecond would mean we'd reduce the load
on the system by more than 90% ;-)))

Cheers,
  - Andreas