[FIX] better KCP0085 changesets (Re: Warning! DON'T UPDATE!!!)

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jul 3 09:06:07 UTC 2003

Hi ned

I do not understand what really happen because the KCP 0084 and 0085
have been split exactly for this reason.
Apparently these are old files.
I still do not understand why the system is perfectly working when I
load the KCP changesets from the KCP page.
Because it worked with all the images I tried during the last three
weeks.

> OK, these two change sets should be used instead of updates
> 5304KCP85MoveToChangeSet and 5306KCP88FixChangeSet respectively.
>
> If you're interested, here's my notes on what was happening:

> That is, after I load the single file, I end up with:
>
> ChangeSet current a ChangeSet named 5302KCP84ChangeSetCurrent
> Smalltalk changes a ChangeSet named New Changes
>
> So I manually did:
>
> ChangeSet current: Smalltalk changes
>
> Then:
>
> File in KCP-0085-MoveToChangeSet.3.cs (the original, 59442 byte one)
>
> Get a deprecated warning at the end of this load because the (old)
>
> ChangeSorter class>>newChangesFromStream:named:
> (which is still in context) calls Smalltalk newChanges:.
>
> which is now deprecated.
>
> BUT... this is really because the end didn't complete, since it hit a
> Deprecated warning in the middle!

But normally here you proceed and it should work.

I hope everything is ok now. I would like really to understand why the
system did not
crash on me :(

Stef