help with submorphs and halo

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Jul 4 01:47:58 UTC 2003

  Hello,

At Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:53:39 -0700,
Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 03 July 2003 06:43 am, Tim W wrote:
> > I recently downloaded 3.5. When I embed a morph into another morph,
> > for instance a rectangle, I can no longer activate a halo on the
> > submorph. I have never seen this problem with any version
> > before.What has changed?
>
> I'm not seeing this in a virgin 3.5-5180 image.
>
> After embedding an RectangleMorph into another RectangleMorph, I can
> get both halos just fine using the blue button or control-red button.

  I'm not sure what is going on in Tim's image, but if you create an
embedded morph(s) with something like:

---------------
parent _ Morph new bounds: (0 at 0 extent: 100 at 100).
parent color: Color yellow.
child _ Morph new bounds: (100 at 100 extent: 100 at 100).
child color: Color blue.

parent addMorph: child.
parent openInWorld.

you can't get the halo for the child.  (Wow... Actually, I found that
if you Alt-click on the resize halo of 'parent', you can get the halo
for 'child'...)

  This may be what Tim is seeing.

  Just a guess,

-- Yoshiki