[FIX][3.6a][ENH][KCP] TextStyleCleanup36-nk ([er][cd] somequestions and comments)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 4 02:14:13 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 06:49 pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I'm reviewing only the first file, which is meant for the image.
> I go over all the kinds of changes done, with comments where I had
> them.

Are you looking at the second version? That matches the 3.6a image.

> - Paragraph asForm cleaned.

My second version doesn't have this; the TrueTypeTextStyle CS has
this.

> - Add font testing methods isRegular and isTTCFont. Maybe isRegular
> could be called something more suggestive? should also be
> recategorized under testing.

Unfortunately, isRegular only works for TTCFonts. The version in
AbstractFont is a guard against mixing two different kinds of
TrueType fonts.

> - why "reply ~~ nil" instead of notNil in
> changeStyle/changeEmphasisOrAlignment?

Because I missed the first one. The second version has
changeEmphasisOrAlignment fixed.

> - TWM>>helpMenu clashes slightly with KCP change to Imports entry.

Look at the second version.

> - Methods are moved from Utilities to TextStyle. Why not use KCP
> style deprecations on Utilities, for compatibility with
> applications that still expects those services from Utilities?

Good idea.

> - textAlignment, textAlignmentSymbol introduced in TextMorph,
> TextMorphEditor. Why are the numbers returned in the two versions
> of textAlignment not aligned? seems pretty confusing to me.

Good question. I'll fix it.

> Also some methods are duplicated with current version.

Not with the second version.

> Anyway, assuming that this code is converted to non-destructive
> deprecation, I don't think there's a problem accepting these small
> changes in beta, so that these small comments aren't very urgent.

I'll make those changes.

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz