Looking for Alan Kay writing

Phil Jones phil at runtime-collective.com
Fri Jul 4 05:17:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

 this may be the place to ask. I'm going to be involved in a workshop
about computer simulations and knowledge, which is a mixture of
philosophy, computer science, AI/ALife etc.

One thing which has grabbed my attention recently is Alan Kay's intro to
Mark Gudzial's Squeak book where he says we need a *science* of computing
as opposed to maths or engineering. And I'd like to find out more about
this idea, and maybe give a talk on it at the workshop. So, can anyone
point me to more of Alan's or other people's writings on this?

cheers

phil jones

(http://www.synaesmedia.com)