lurking signals in EventSensor

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jul 4 08:09:50 UTC 2003

> Hi john
>
> Have you ever noticed that sometimes the complete windows get redrawn
> extremely slowly on your mac?
> We noticed with nathanael that this was related with the use of
> different processes.
> I tried several times to reproduce it without success. I noticed that
> this behavior happens
> when I get a deprecated method called and once I click proceed, then
> the redraw gets really slow.
>
> Stef

Nope can't say I've seen that. but let me propose a thought that might
help find it.

What i'd suggest is in EventSensor>>processEvent:

either on the interrupt key, or add a new signal say cmd-?

To have it wake up a high priority task and dump all the processor
stacks somewhere and other information, say
append to a text file. That way when it happens, maybe just maybe you
can hit cmd-? a couple
of times and capture some information then look for something that
looks odd.

ps you have an example, or what you think is an example? That I can try?
===