#initialiseModule naming inconsistent (almost was: 'declaring globals in plugins')

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 7 04:06:34 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a plugin that has a global variable 'const int maxDegree = 10'
declared using #declareCVarsIn:.  The plugin has an instance variable
named 'maxDegree'.  The problem is that I can't figure out how to
initialize this variable so that I can simulate the plugin code via
#doPrimitive:.  I tried to use #initializeModule, but it didn't seem
to be executed.

UUGH!  I figured out why it wasn't working... #initializeModule isn't
called, but #initialiseModule (with an 's') is.  I looked for all
method names containing 'initialise', and it turns out that the only
one is 'initialiseModule'.  We should probably fix this to be more
consistent the next time we're doing something
non-backwards-compatible, like an image format change.

Best,
Joshua