lurking signals in EventSensor

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 06:51:58 UTC 2003

>  "Lex Spoon" <lex at c...> wrote
> I had the impression that John was seeing actual laggy *behavior*, not
> just a lot of signals to the semaphore. If there was no observable
> behavior (short of someone prodding with tracing tools :)) then never
> mind me.

Yes, what I've seen on the  mac was you moved upwards, the cursor would
bog down in the stretch area, and you'd continue, and lose the cursor,
resulting in the cursor bouncing off the top of the mac menu bar as
you've disconnected cursor movement with hand feedback.

A Window user mentioned to me the same, expect for loosing complete
control, pegging the cpu and force quitting Squeak to gain control
again.

===