[ENH] VM tweaks for Islands project ( [cd][er][sm] looks good; one question remaining )

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 8 00:49:46 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> The only potential issue I could see is that primitiveStringReplace has a *slightly* different boundary check than the one being in 3.6a VMMaker. It is not clear to me whether the difference is intentional or not and (lacking any history information in the SAR file, sigh...) I can't see whether this was changed by VMMaker or by the Islands changed. In any case, it needs to be sorted out.
Ah, but there are still timestamps there. Interestingly enough, the
version in VMMakerBlahBlah is stamped  "stamp: 'ls 8/18/1998 06:24'!"
and the one in forgivingPrims.st is "stamp: 'ls 8/17/2000 17:36'!". So
Lex is the culprit in either case; somebody arrest that man! I certainly
didn't _deliberately_ alter the prim in the process of assembling the
VMMaker code package.

Interestingly enough, it tunrs out that the older version istheone in
theSqueakV3.sources and there is NO later version in the accumulated
changes up to 3.6. Thus we must interrogate Lex in the Comfy Chair (Oh
No, not the Comfy Chair!) which as we all know is in Room 101.

tim
Useful random insult:- They must have done a clean boot on him.