[ENH][VM] Improved code generation (hopefully ;)

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 00:59:08 UTC 2003

From:  Tim Rowledge <tim at s...>
>  In message <005901c344e4$eab97200$8ef7fea9 at a...>
>  "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at g...> wrote:
>
>  > > > PS. What kind of variable name is
>  > > > "globalStructureBuildMethodHasFoo"??? ;-)
>  > >
>  > > Cryptic....
>  [snip]
>  >
>  > So "foo" refers to "fum", eh? So much for intention-revealing code
> ;-)))
>  Seems pretty obvious to me. You just need to remember 'fee-fi-foo-fum'
>  as in Jack and the Beanstalk. So foo points to fum, fi is the address
> of
>  that and fee is the address help in the objectcode relocation table.
>  Simple, really.

Ack, Tim, you've been getting too much sun down there in California, or
ozone, or perhaps British
beer (goodness knows where you'd get that down in silicon valley).

Try loading those change sets and Andreas and I have been generating
and see if any of
them make a difference before your limericks take over...