Tutorial #2 (more new user comments)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jul 8 10:30:56 UTC 2003

Hi Nancy,

for the things you are currently doing, perhaps the image from
Squeakland.org would be better suited. It has some nice preferences
setup already. Of course, you can also enable these in the developer
image:

Open the preferences panel (world menu - "help" section), click on
"halos", and enable
	mouseOverHalos : puts up a halo as soon as the mouse is over a sketch
or or other scripted object
	magicHalos : additionally, dims the halo to make it less obtrusive
	haloTransitions : makes the halo use fade-in and fade-out animations
(very nice)

With these preferences enabled, you can use halos comfortably with only
one mouse button for most tasks. Only when you need to bring up halos
on special objects, you have to press the Cmd modifier (Alt on PC). My
son loves the magic halos ;-)

-- Bert