debugging when:send:to: ?

Ingo Hohmann ingo at 2b1.de
Wed Jul 9 09:51:58 UTC 2003

Thanks Ned,

I added a 'Transcript show: actionSquenceForEvent:' line to my methods,
and found that my actions seem to be dropped, as if release had been
called, ...

On further investigation, I am opening a system window with my object as
model. It seems that after the system window is closed, the actionMap is
empty.

Does closeBoxHit somehow send release to the model?

Yes, I now nil'ed out the model before closing, and the actionMap stays
intact.

Are there better ways to close a SystemWindow?

Is this a bug, or do I miss something? (I guess, only those messages
should be released which have to do with the SystemWindow, not all
messages.)

(Image: Squeak3.6a-5325.image from ftp, maybe partial updates, I had
network problems when I tried to update).)

Ingo

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2003 03:25 pm, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
>
>>I have an app set up with some when:send:to: messages, now after
>>some working on the code one of the messages is not sent any more,
>>the method setting up the when:send:to: is, though.
>>
>>What do I do to debug this?

<...>