Hidden Information

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Wed Jul 9 22:34:38 UTC 2003

Brent Vukmer wrote:

>>>I'm probably missing something obvious, but can someone gove
>>
>>me a clue
>>about how to set >up an expression to execute when I click on
>>a text field (and also link to a hidden URL)?
>>
>>No, this is not obvious at all. Please try this:
>>1. Open a workspace.
>>2. Type in this line:
>>'This is an example of Object new beep text'
>>3. Select 'Object new beep' and press cmd-6 to bring up the
>>menu. 4. Select 'do it' from the menu. The selected text is
>>now displayed in blue.
>>   When you click on it, your computer should beep.
>>5. Place the cursor into the word 'example' and move it (with
>>the arrow buttons) into the the 'Object new beep'. 6. Type in
>>some text, e.g. 'hidden' 7. Remove the unwanted text around
>>the word 'hidden'.
>>
>>Now the line should look like this:
>>
>>This is an example of hidden text
>>
>>where the word 'hidden' is displayed in blue. When you click
>>on 'hidden', your computer should beep.
>>

> This isn't on the Swiki anywhere?  Maybe some kind soul should put it in
> the FAQ.

What would be then the title of this use case?

'Creating text with active links'
or
'Creating text with Smalltalk actions'
or just
'Creating active text'?

It could be linked from the page http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2226
  (Text).

David N. Smith spent an hour on the Swiki looking for something like
this so there should be probably more links as well.

Another question: Is it possible to change the hidden Smalltalk action
without just deleting an rewriting it?

Hannes Hirzel