Hidden Information

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 10 03:30:35 UTC 2003

Torge Husfeldt <torge.husfeldt at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find it much easier to use the special syntax
>
> beep<Object new beep>
>
> then select all, cmd-6 select Do it. done.

This is an extremely nice feature of Squeak, but the UI is obviously
very confusing.  Does anyone have an idea how to do this better?

It's not even the active text that is the best, IMHO.  It's the ability
to link to methods, classes, class comments, and URL's.  This ability
lets you make a little Swiki within each image.  It's a superb
opportunity for documentation.  It's a natural step forward for
Smalltalk, where nice code browsers are the norm anyway, but it is
uniquely Squeak as far as I know.

No on uses it, and I blame the UI.  :)  Ideas?

Lex