squeak tutorials, etc.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 10 21:27:57 UTC 2003

Hi Nancy,

The main difference of the two versions is the target audience. The
Squeakland.org plugin image is aimed at educators, people who work mostly in
the eToys domain. The Squeak.org image is aimed at Smalltalk system
developers. The major differences between the two are that the Squeakland
plugin image is much smaller (since it does not include a number of things
which are in the Squeak developers image, such as the VM source code and
similar) and that the UI has been set to what we think is more user friendly
for someone who hasn't compiled her own Linux kernel ;-)

Other than that the two are equivalent.

Cheers,
  - Andreas