Squeak Install Instructions

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 11 01:39:44 UTC 2003

Dave Bauer <dave at thedesignexperience.org> wrote:

> So I think there is quite a bit of information, that is in several
> different locations, that is often confusing to know what is the best
> way to install squeak. Especially on non-MS operating systems.

Ah, I follow you.

It should really come down to the Squeakland plugin versus a full Squeak
install.  Currently, www.squeak.org has its own download page, and that
page is not kept up very well.  I think that the www.squeak.org page is
going to end up pointing to the Download page on the Swiki, thus
reducing the number of sources of information.

For Debian in particular, there is an issue getting the ftp site
updated.  The packages do *exist*.  Hopefully this is an unusual
situation.

Lex