VM for Qtopia Zaurus and iPAQ (hopefully)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jul 11 06:51:49 UTC 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:

>   If you have SL-C750 or SL-C760, which I know some of you do, now you
> can project the screen content via a CF card type video dongle called
> CFXGA
> (http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia/game/2003/cfxga/index.htm).  Now
> all you have to carry around to do a presentation from Squeak is bring
> this small PDA and the VGA dongle.  This is pretty cool, actually.

If only the C7x0 had 2 CF slots- one for the VGA out card, and another for
a USB Host card. ( http://www.interpocket.co.uk/ )  It allows the Zaurus
to be a USB host rather than just a usb device attached to another host.

With these two cards, you could have a USB keyboard and mouse and VGA out,
making the C760 not only a pocket Squeak powerhouse, but one convertible
into something on which you could do even more of your Squeaking!

Regards,
Aaron

--
"Like the creators of sitcoms or junk food or package tours, Java's designers were
consciously designing a product for people not as smart as them."  ::  paul graham