[ENH] Objects as compiled methods ( this is great )

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 21:19:45 UTC 2003

Tim,

> A quick look at the code makes me wonder why it couldn't work via the
> perform[with] code. That would make it pass on the same message, which
> might be good or bad depending on your needs.

Two reasons for not using #perform:[withArguments:]
a) It doesn't pass along the receiver of the message. For some of the things
I wanted to do this was critical and using "thisContext sender receiver" was
too ugly a hack for my taste.
b) It would imply that there's a 1-on-1 match between the message sent and
the (then implicit) #run: message. I thought about this but didn't like it
very much as I could think about cases where I wanted to use #run: in one
context and #perform: within another.

Cheers,
  - Andreas