[ENH] Monitor for higher-level process synchronization ( [cd][er][su][et] [approved] Important addition for multi-threaded programming )

ned at bike-nomad.com ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 12 18:21:40 UTC 2003

I've reviewed this code, added change set preambles, and edited the
class comment in Monitor and some method comments.

The only code change I made was to extend some of the timeouts in
MonitorTest so that all the tests would pass, regardless of system
speed.

The code looks clean and tight.

I feel that this is an important addition to Squeak's toolkit for
multi-threaded programming, and think it should be included in the Basic
image.

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >

This post brought to you by the BugFixArchiveViewer, a handy tool that
makes it easy to comment on proposed fixes and enhancements for Squeak.
For more information, check out the Web page for the BugFixArchiveViewer
project: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3214

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >