[Q] VM: SqueakFFIPrims (linux)

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sat Jul 12 22:07:19 UTC 2003

I just built my first VM with VMMakerTool on squeak 3.5 (cool !) and
tried to run FFITester>>ffiPrintString. It says "unable to find
function or address".

I looked at the library and the vm and it seems that the symbol
ffiPrintString is in the library but not in the vm and the library IS
linked to the vm. I guess ffiPrintString did not satisfy any open
reference so the linker tried to do without.

# nm SqueakFFIPrims/SqueakFFIPrims.a | grep -i printstr
00000118 T ffiPrintString

# nm ./squeak | grep -i printstr
080727b0 T printStringOf

What am I missing ? Is it supposed to work with a static library at
all ?