Newbie Q: wait

Bilal Ahmed bilal at dgp.toronto.edu
Sun Jul 13 01:48:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

The following code creates a desirable delay between consecutive stimuli
in an application I'm developing:

(Delay forSeconds: 3) wait.

However, I'd like for the user to be able to quit the application at any
time, so I have added a quit button. However, this doesn't work
seemingly because of the fact that when the system is waiting, it cannot
sense the button being pushed. Is there any way I can work around this so
that anything pressed during the wait can be recieved and either interrupt
the wait, or end the application after the wait is over?

Any ideas are most appreciated (and thanks Edgar for your input so far!)

Regards,
Bilal