[KCP] Important call for feedback

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 14 01:14:54 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 11:08:00AM -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > After discussing with some of you I have the feeling that
> > SystemNavigation default would be better.
> It's certainly better than #new.
> >
> > Do you want to get rid of SystemNavigation new and replace it by
> > SystemNavigation default/uniqueInstance?
> #default is OK, #uniqueInstance is terrible.
>
> Better yet, I still prefer to have the methods class-side or failing
> that a global instance.

Not to long from now, we might want to write tools that allow us to
examine remote images, and therefore want to have multiple
SystemNavigation objects available.  For this reason, I think that the
methods should remain instance-side.  You could still have a global
instance, if you want.  Why do you prefer the global?  Aesthetics?

Joshua