Squeak quick reference?

Nick Brown nickbrown at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 14 08:57:11 UTC 2003

Strangely enough I've been running Squeak on windows since about v2.7, on
a variety of machines and have never seen this problem until recently
when I started running squeak on my machine at work (Compaq Evo D500
desktop). Occasionally my UK keyboard layout becomes a US layout. It
seems to happen after the image has been up and running for a few hours
and has been heavily used (i.e. lots of keypresses). Quiting and
reloading always cures the problem, including when saving the image
before quiting.

However, I have an image on my this same machine which spends most of its
time headless in the system tray. This image is acting as a webserver
(with Seaside, since you ask) and runs 24x7, current uptime is about 1
week, previously has run for up to about 3 weeks, and the fault has never
occured in this image. However, since I didn't develop any code in this
image, it hasn't had much use (not many keypresses).

Don't know if any of this is significant. If anyone has any ideas about
this I'm happy to investigate.

Regards,
Nick Brown

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:21:36 +0200, "Adrian Lienhard" <adi at netstyle.ch>
said:
> Hi Markus
>
> > I just wanted to ask if there exists a quick reference for hotkeys in
> > squeak? Just for fun I tried some combinations and found out that there
> > are many hotkeys...
>
> worls menu -> help -> command key help
>
> > Another question: occasionally, when I'm in squeak (on windows) the
> > keyboard get switched to us-layout (I'm using the german layout), does
> > this come from squeak (in the taskbar, 'DE' is shown)?
>
> I encounter the same from time to time and I wondered why...? Restarting
> the
> image works to set it back.
>
> Adrian

                          wherever you are