[Q][Connectors] Locking ends?

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Mon Jul 14 20:53:42 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Monday 14 July 2003 01:10 pm, Brian Brown wrote:
>

>>Ned Konz wrote:
>>
>><snip>

>>>Yes, that's been my problem.
>>>

>>Howabout Near/Far?
>>

>Near or far with respect to what?

With respect to end of the connector that is being being
connected/disconnected... If I am dropping one end of a connector to on
a Morph of some sort, the end I'm dropping would be Near and the other
would be Far.  Programmatically, would I not usually be dealing with a
Connector in relation to some object that I want to connect to? That
object would be the reference point for Near or Far. (It seems easier to
think about than to describe !)

Anyway, I may be missing some use cases here, but hopefully you
understand what I'm getting at. Feel free to disabuse me of any
incorrect notions ;)

Brian