Flexible squeak - a call for extension mechanisms

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 14 22:04:45 UTC 2003

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:

> To me that indicates that we need someone who can Guide the Squeak UI..
> It would be great if we could recruit a skilled graphic designer to give
> Squeak some UI love
There's a _great_ deal more to UI design than just the graphic design.
Apple used to understand that. M$ hardly seem to, despite having a large
dept supposedly dedicated to UI studies. NO *nix related UI _I_ have
ever seen has a clue. RiscOS has a faint glimmering of a clue at the end
of the tunnel. I have some vague ideas lurking in the deep storage
receses of my mind dating from my time as an IBM Research fellow in the
area. I really hope there is someone out there that actually has a real
feel for it. We need them badly.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Insula Gilliganis = Gilligan's Island