building B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Windows

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 15 01:37:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:06:57PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Monday 14 July 2003 03:17 pm, Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:
> > I'm using the 3.5.1 VM source from SourceForge, and the most recent
> > win32 toolchain.  I've verified that the linker is trying to use
> > the same openGL32.lib that comes with the toolchain.
> >
> > (several months ago, Ned suggested a better way to see what
> > functions libraries export than using 'strings', but I couldn't
> > find the email.  Can anyone refresh my memory)
>
> Ah, you can also use "nm" to display symbols from libraries.

That's the one!  I'll try objdump as well.

> You have to have the "binutils" package loaded.
>
> Look at "info binutils".
>
> You probably also want to think about using dlltools to make a .lib
> file for openGL32 if you don't already have one. I have Cygwin but
> don't have any openGL32 lib file, so I can't check.

I have Cygwin, and there is an OpenGL package you can install, but it
is based on Mesa and is not hardware-accelerated.

I haven't been using Cygwin to build, though.  I've been using Andreas'
win32 toolchain from sourceforge.

Thanks for the pointers,
Joshua