Flexible squeak - a call for extension mechanisms

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 15 18:59:28 UTC 2003

I do like the point about designing the UI early (on
http://mpt.phrasewise.com/discuss/msgReader$182) - since the UI is what
you (usually) have to explain to users it helps if there is
something that _can_ be explained.

Once you have a decent idea of what you actually want to achieve you can
try to work out how to use it. If you then make an attempt to write an
explanation of how to use it you learn a great deal about what you will
need to implement.

And for Brent - nope no writings on UI stuff on my website. That work
was done so long ago that we had only just invented 'one' to add to the
previously standardised 'zero'. There are some words about some of my 3D
solid modelling UI experiments in Evolutionary Art and Computers by
William Latham.

tim
Oxymorons: Almost exactly