New MobilePro Model- fast Squeak mini-laptop

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 16 14:32:53 UTC 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 03:51 pm, Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
> This one doesn't look like the NEC/DoCoMo's flagship Sigmarion III.
> Sigmarion II has a 800x480 5inch screen, (I don't see 8 inch
> 640x240 doesn't make much sense...)  The rest of the spec looks
> similar to Sigmarion III, though.

So the Sigmarion III might be an ideal handheld for running Squeak:
cheap (about $400), light (does the 455g weight include the
battery?), fast...

Does it have a USB host port? I notice that it doesn't have a modem
(presumably because you'd attach it to DoCoMo's data phones).

How about a touch screen?

I tried to translate some of DoCoMo's spec pages using Babelfish, but
they've apparently got the character encoding declared wrong.

Now the question is how to get them in the US.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com