Squeak on palms?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 16 17:35:11 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 10:12 am, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
> From the news, it sounds like PalmOS 6 will be the first OS where
> Squeak will be able to run without an immense porting effort.  The
> specifics haven't come out yet for PalmOS 6 yet, but from some of
> the news I've read, POS6 is supposed to be a lot more like a "real
> OS."

I had dinner the other night with someone who works at Palm Source.

He said that POS 6 had some way to deal with bigger chunks of memory
(though I don't remember if he said it could deal with single huge
chunks) and that someone should port Squeak to it.

However, he didn't volunteer to do the port himself <g>...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com