Unimplemented Messages?

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jul 16 21:46:29 UTC 2003

  Hello,

  I'm playing around 3.6b-5331 (updated from 3.6a-5325).  The first
thing I noticed is there are quite a few unimplemented messages.  If
you call 'Smalltalk browseAllUnimplementedCalls', there are 161
unimplemented calls.  It looks like most of them have explaination:
some are primitives, which is ok, but some are in removed packages,
which isn't great.  But isn't it be nice if there are a lot of few
such methods.

  There are a few more unimplemented call cases that can't be check
with the unimplemented check mechanism.  FileList>>openMorphFromFile
should is 'called' from FileList>>fullFileListMenu:shifted: but is not
there anymore.  What happened to #openMorphFromFile?  (I admit that I
don't follow all of the email traffic...)

  And, The deprecated method notice says 'Use
SystemNavigation>>browseUnimplementedCalls'.  However, how can I use
this exactly?  This is an instance method of SystemNavigation, and I
saw some discussion about adding #default instance creation method to
the class side, but there is no such method.  And since
#systemNavigation is not implemented in SystemNavigation itself,

  SystemNavigation new browseUnimplementedCalls

or such fails.  Probably, we should implement #systemNavigation in
SystemNavigation?

-- Yoshiki