VM for Qtopia Zaurus and iPAQ (hopefully)

Brian Keefer mgomes21 at cox.net
Thu Jul 17 14:17:18 UTC 2003

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I updated the VM for SL- series Zaurus, and thanks to Lars Dornheim,
> (hopefully) a working version of VM for Qtopia/iPAQ.
>
>   If you have SL-C750 or SL-C760, which I know some of you do, now you
> can project the screen content via a CF card type video dongle called
> CFXGA
> (http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia/game/2003/cfxga/index.htm).  Now
> all you have to carry around to do a presentation from Squeak is bring
> this small PDA and the VGA dongle.  This is pretty cool, actually.
>
>   The iPAQ version is not tested.  If you can try it out, let me know
> how it goes.
>
>   http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/zaurus/
>
> -- Yoshiki

The VM is just short of working on the SL-5500. The file-select dialog
shows almost every file on my system BUT *.image files, so I just start
squeak from a shell. It loads up and runs dynapad fine, except for the
display being rotated upside-down. The input is still upright, so I have
to flip around my stylus movements.