[Q] undoing changesets

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 17 21:17:06 UTC 2003

On Thursday 17 July 2003 12:40 pm, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> I just got bitten by some changes introduce by Commanche that undid
> some of the network rewrite code (SocketStream). I thought I could
> simply refile the network rewrite code.
>
> First I could not find an entry in the ChangeSorter menu. So I
> filed it out and back in. But nothing changed. When I look at the
> methods on the changesets they seem to be all the same, i.e. even
> the 5254new-newClasses-mir contain the "bolot" version of
> SocketSteam>>upTo: So the change-sets always contain the *current*
> version of methods, right ?

They don't contain versions. They contain the fact that methods got
changed.

> Now what could I possibly do to get the network rewrite code back ?

You could revert all the versions of the methods in the change set you
just filed in.

I don't believe we have any method that does this to all the changes
in a change set, though, so you'd have to do it by hand.

You could do this:
* make a new change set
* browse the logged changes back quite a while (to the start of when
you were working on this area) (world menu/changes/recently logged
changes)
* "remove doits"
* "remove up to date methods"
* "remove older"
now you'd see your next-to-the-latest changes.

You could then select them and file them in

Having done that, you could save the current change set and/or image
(perhaps to another image) and then subtract the current change set
from the one you loaded on top of your work.

You'd then have to make sure that method removals and additions were
correct.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com