Newbie: Dimension of project

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jul 18 10:38:37 UTC 2003

Am Freitag, 18.07.03 um 10:59 Uhr schrieb Chobin:

> Hi.
> How can I set max dimension of a project?
> I've a project in 1024x768 and I've to view it in a screen 800x600,
> without scrolling or hided objects.

The project itself does not have any size, it always fills the Squeak
window. Since projects are not scaleable, you are out of luck viewing a
project designed for 1024x768 on a 800x600 screen.

What some folks do is to grab a Ruler from the Object catalog's
"useful" category and place it in the upper left corner of the screen.
You can resize it to your liking, send it to the back, and lock it.
This serves as a visual aid for laying out your stuff.

> So, how can I set dimension of a project's screen?

Not sure what you mean here. What should work to adjust Squeak's window
size is this:

	DisplayScreen depth: 32 width: 800 height: 600 fullscreen: false

However, it is unimplemented on Linux and buggy on Mac (it resizes the
screen even if fullscreen is false, instead of only the window).

-- Bert