squeak linux woes

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jul 18 20:31:16 UTC 2003

Am Freitag, 18.07.03 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb <Jim.Gettys at hp.com>:

>> I don't think one ever existed.
>
> The very process of building binary RPM's generates a source RPM.

I thought "rpmbuild -bb" builds a binary RPM only ;-)

But anyway, we do not even have the spec files Ian used for 3.4.

There are three RPMs now

	Squeak.*.rpm ("Full" image+changes) which depends on both
		Squeak-sources.*.rpm (the sources file) and
		Squeak-vm.*.rpm (the VM)

The only one making trouble currently is the Squeak-vm-3.4-1.i386.rpm,
right?

Additionally, there could be a

	Squeak-plugin.*.rpm (squeakland image) which would also depend on
		Squeak-vm.*.rpm (the VM)

We need all these different RPMs because they are updated at different
frequencies. And the plugin image is different from the Full Squeak
image, but needs the VM, too. Is that too geeky? Supposed that the RPMs
work, I'd think it is okay.

That said, could anybody give these RPMs a try?
	http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/RPMS

-- Bert