Seaside for DMS ?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jul 18 22:23:21 UTC 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 03:12  PM, Hans Nikolaus Beck wrote:

> would seaside have enough functionality to create a (very simple)
> Document Managament System ? The requirements would be
> - - upload of any files
> - - indexing of keywords
> - - retrieving documents by keyword search
> - - versioning
> - - download or browsing document by web browser

Well, you would have to build the indexing/versioning/searching parts
yourself - Seaside would IMO be a good choice for building the web
interface, but it won't help you with the actual document management
part.  Cees was working on "Sagan" to address this, but I don't think
it's in a state yet that you'd want to use.

You might also want to dig for the full text indexing code that Scott
Crosby posted to this list a while back...