Squat progress 17 July 2003: snapshot work finished, VM work started

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 05:48:04 UTC 2003

> From:   Craig Latta < craig at n... >
> Date:   Fri Jul 18, 2003  11:22 pm
> Subject:   Squat progress 17 July 2003: snapshot work finished, VM
> work started
> ..

> Now I'm working on making the smallest possible virtual machine that
> will run this snapshot.

Don't forget you can build the VM non-lined. I tried that this
afternoon. one or two things to correct, but
it will finally compile and run. Also some of the arrays we allocation
are large and their maxes could be adjusted , if I compile (on os-9) a
non-lined VM get interp.c to create 88K of object code & 88K of data.
I know that excludes lots more but if you run with a minimal set of
plugins etc I a few years back was able to get the VM binary to 220K.
and run a mini image within 1000K. Lets see that was 3.0A9.

It only had these files compiled, alone with of course a stdlib & stdio
etc...
BitBltPlugin.c
filePlugin.c
interp.c