[Q][VM] mulithreaded ?

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sat Jul 19 21:10:12 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> writes:

> Actually you forgot the most important condition:
>
> e) You do not pass any arguments around which may be relocated due to GC
> activity. In my understanding that's the most important reason why we don't
> use any kind of threaded calls within primitives.

This concerns only smalltalk objects, right ? Other memory allocated
by my plugin will not be touched by the GC ?

Still I wonder ... If the system is frozen as long as the plugin
executes the GC has no chance to run. I can see how threads will be a
problem, but don't the same concerns apply to any stateful code ?