VM for Qtopia Zaurus and iPAQ (hopefully)

Lars Dornheim Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sun Jul 20 16:31:07 UTC 2003

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
>   Brian,
>

>>>  The iPAQ version is not tested.  If you can try it out, let me know
>>>how it goes.
>>>
>>>  http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/zaurus/
>>>
>>>-- Yoshiki
>>
>>The VM is just short of working on the SL-5500. The file-select dialog
>>shows almost every file on my system BUT *.image files, so I just start
>>squeak from a shell. It loads up and runs dynapad fine, except for the
>>display being rotated upside-down. The input is still upright, so I have
>>to flip around my stylus movements.
>

>   Ok...  Thank you for trying.  I still can't figure out how the
> MIME-type specification thing works.  At least the document and the
> code are contradicting.
>
>   I was suspicious that the framebuffer orientation which the patch
> Lars sent me for iPAQ assumes looked up side down.  And you confirm
> that it is.  Next time, I'll overhaul the display routines and come up
> with better code for different platforms.

Yes, it seems the IPAQ uses a different framebuffer orientation.  I can
remember that the first time I started your Squeak binary for the Zaurus
on the IPAQ the display was rotated 180 degrees.

Lars