A swiki editor

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Jul 20 17:11:17 UTC 2003

Hi, I've been thinking about making a simple swiki editor. The idea is
to base it on the StarBrowser, so that one can traverse links using the
tree, and view and edit pages in the editor pane, which would be a
lightly tailored text editing pane.

The reason I want this is that swikis are nice places to keep my
personal information, except for the fact that browsers are quite
inconvinient editors to use day-to-day (edit-submit-reread cycle is too
slow), and that Scamper is a particularly bad one (various kinds of
spurious errors, somehow converts titles to #3, #4...).

I know some other people have been thinking along these lines. Has
anyone gotten anywhere? want to share ideas?

I've thought of two approaches -
1. Creating a UI for a specialized HTTP based interface to normally
running Swiki. Main problem - HTTPSocket causes trouble.
2. Create a UI for the Swiki model itself. Main problem - the Swiki
model (for example NuSwikiPage) seems to be somewhat tailored to being a
web app. I'm not sure how problematic this will turn out to be - doesn't
have to be.

Daniel