[ENH] Remove the old outer window for "The Worlds of Squeak" ( version 3, adds a new window )

dway at riskmetrics.com dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Jul 21 01:08:29 UTC 2003

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 03:17 AM, <diegogomezdeck at consultar.com>
wrote:

> > I think it's a good idea to get rid of the old non-matching window
> > frame, but it seems that you can no longer enter the resulting project
> >  by clicking on it, and you don't get the frame-highlighting on
> > mouse-over.  Since the point of this project is to be something simple
> >  for newbies to try, we probably want to make sure it's easy to enter
> > the project.
>
> Attached is a fixed version of the ChangeSet.

ah, good.

> > (Also might be nice to get rid of the extra black border that remains
> > around the windowless project.  I noticed I can do that by executing
> > something like "content extent: content extent - (1 at 1)".)
>
> The border will appears again as soon you enter and leaves the project.

Hm, I sort of think the partially drawn black border is about as ugly as
the old window we're getting rid of.

So, here's a new version of the changeset which wraps the project in a
newly created SystemWindow, so it now matches the other windows.
(There's some convenience for ultra-newbies in having it inside an
easily movable window, etc.)  We could do something like this for 3.6.

- Doug Way

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >

This post brought to you by the BugFixArchiveViewer, a handy tool that
makes it easy to comment on proposed fixes and enhancements for Squeak.
For more information, check out the Web page for the BugFixArchiveViewer
project: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3214

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >