Interactive Story (Newbie Question)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 21 02:06:30 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> The GeeMailMorph is a long scrolling galley that can be set up with
> multiple columns: text in the left column and other Morphs in the
> right. When you put a Morph in a right column, it's anchored to the
> text so that when you re-flow the text, the anchor stays in place.

I think this would be the best approach for interactive fiction in
Squeak.  You can use the EToys system in Squeak so that when you click
on one morph, different GeeMail's will pop up and/or go away.  Try out
the "Building with Squeak" tutorial that comes with Squeak, if you
haven't already.  It also has an example of a GeeMailMorph.

Lex